Know the ingredients
Losing half an hour of sleep gains weight, develops type 2 diabetes and slows down metabolism, reveals an investigation by Weill Cornell Medical College in Doha (Qatar).
Many people do not get enough sleep during the week and try to make up for it over the weekend, but lack of sleep during the week could cause long-term damage to the metabolism, which could encourage type 2 diabetes, "explains Shahrad Taheri, author of the study.
You may also be interested: 11 ways to sleep better
The research was carried out among 522 volunteers, who had been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. For 6 months, the participants recorded the schedules of their breaks and the conclusion was reached that lose half an hour of sleep gain weight as the risk of obesity increased by 17% and insulin resistance increased 39%.
Do these activities in order to sleep deeply and avoid gaining weight.
1. Go to sleep before 11 at night. If you can, try to cover the time each day, so you will get used to your body to rest before the usual.
2. If you can not fall asleep do a boring activity, read something that is not to your liking, surely slowly the dream will appear.
3. Avoid drinking coffee and alcohol 3 hours before going to bed.
4. One hour before sleep, take 30 minutes of physical activity and bathe. Your body will relax and you will have a restful sleep.
5. Light dinner. It is recommended to dine 2 hours before going to sleep so that the process of digestion is carried out properly and avoid stomach upsets and insomnia.