One of the most frequent aesthetic problems, for men and women, is abdominal fat. Also called visceral fat, it envelops the organs of the body, increasing the risk of developing type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular problems.
However, not all fat is harmful, according to a study conducted by scientists from the Harvard Medical School and the Joslin Diabetes Center, in the United States, The one found in hips and thighs could reduce insulin levels and improve sensitivity to this hormone.
In addition to including 30 minutes of exercise in your daily routine, to eliminate abdominal fat it is necessary to maintain a diet as balanced as possible. There are foods that can help you speed up or facilitate this process, here we present five. Discover them!
1. Green tea An analysis published by The Journal of Nutrition notes that the consumption of about 625mg of catechins daily, from green tea potentiate the loss of abdominal fat induced by exercise and improves the levels of triglycerides and fatty acids.
2. Watermelon. In a study conducted by the University of Kentucky It was found that watermelon has a significant effect on the accumulation of arterial plaque, because it alters blood lipids and reduces the risk of developing abdominal fat.
3. Legumes . A study conducted in 2011 by the magazine Diabetic Medicine He discovered that a vegetarian diet of 6 months rich in legumes was more effective in controlling belly fat than a diet with meat equivalent in calories.
4. Red peppers, carrots and tomatoes. A recent study of Journal of Nutrition He found that people who consumed more beta-carotene and lycopene-phytochemicals present in carrots, red peppers and tomatoes-had smaller waistlines and fewer abdominal fat.
5. Calcium pyruvate. According to a study conducted by the expert Ronald Stanko of the University of Piisburgh, This nutrient causes the amount of energy consumed to increase and, therefore, more fat is burned. It can be obtained from natural sources such as apples, cheese, beer and red wine.
Eliminate abdominal fat does not have to be an impossible mission, you should only learn to combine food in a way that is pleasing to the palate and to help you maintain your weight. Try it!