5 tips of personal motivation
From November to December, this root is part of the gastronomy; but, the properties of the sweet potato go beyond the flavor. According to a study by the North Carolina Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services , this food is an excellent anti-diabetes.
The sweet potato helps stabilize the blood sugar level, also decreases the resistance of the blood sugar to the insulin .
In the holiday season the incidence of problems related to the sugar levels. This is due to the excess in food and beverages that you have. To avoid this, a good option is to integrate a sweet potato garnish. Check this recipe!
1 kilo of sweet potato
1 cinnamon stick
2 tablespoons butter without salt
4 tablespoons of brown sugar
1. Wash the sweet potatoes well and place them in a pot with water. Let it boil for a few minutes, but add a pinch of sugar and cinnamon stick to the water.
2. When the sweet potato is soft, remove it from the heat. Once cold, start mashing it. You can support yourself with a spoon for this action.
3. Place the puree in a saucepan and add the rest of the sugar. Cook it over low heat, stirring constantly until it starts to thicken.
4. Add the butter. To finish, add the nutmeg and serve it.
Another property of the sweet potato is that it is an excellent antioxidant, since it contains vitamin A and C. Essential elements to eliminate the free radicals of the body.
More than 371 million people have diabetes, by 2030 this figure will have increased to reach 552 million. This is indicated by figures from the International Diabetes Federation.
If you want to see this complete recipe, or other options check this link:Kiwilimón
1. Turkey sauce
2. Turkey Breast with Cranberry Sauce
3. Cranberry Sauce