After splitting the rosca de reyes, most consider that dietary temptations and weight gain have been forgotten; however, on February 2, Candlemas day , tamales, atole and excess are present.
At Candlemas day the day in which the baby Jesus was presented in the Temple by his parents according to Jewish custom is commemorated; the celebration takes place 40 days after Christmas, marking the end of this festivity.
After the spiritual conquest of Mexico this celebration was mestizo, becoming the one we know today: those who lulled the child on the 25th should dress him and present him to the church; In some indigenous communities, the ears of corn that will serve as seeds for the next planting are blessed. Finally, those who cut the thread and touched the figure should invite tamales and atole to their friends.
If you are one of those chosen by chance, GetQoralHealth offers you a recipe, which will not only allow you to comply, but you can do it in a healthy way and enjoy without remorse:
Two cloves of garlic
Two guajillo chiles
Half a kilo of mushrooms
15 chard leaves
250 grams of panela cheese
A spoonful of butter
750 grams of corn flour
A spoonful of baking powder
250 grams of light butter
Salt and pepper to taste
1. At medium heat, melt a spoon of butter in a pan. Add the onion, garlic, chili and finally the mushrooms, everything must be finely chopped.
2. In a deep bowl, mix flour with butter, salt and baking powder. Knead for 15 minutes or until fluffed.
3. Place a little dough on each chard leaf and place a spoonful of the mushroom stew. Wrap in a tamale shape and place in a steamer pot.
4. Cover the tamales with onion slices and tomato to season, cover the steamer and steam for one hour, or until the dough is well cooked.
5. Serve the tamales and place some cream.
Made up of almost 90% water, the mushroom is ideal for inclusion in the diet; In addition, it is a food rich in potassium and phosphorus, basic minerals for the functioning of the organism, since they regulate the balance of water in it. Potassium is also necessary for the muscles of the whole body to work perfectly.
Enjoy the Candlemas day without remorse. With this recipe you will not only take care of your line, but the health of those you love, at the same time that you keep retaining a tradition that is part of our history.
Do you want to lose weight? Sign up with us and enjoy the new GetQoralHealth tool