Our country is located in a seismic zone, an example of this was the 7.1-magnitude earthquake that struck last Tuesday, September 19, in the central zone of Mexico.
For this reason, the Mexican Association of Insurance Institutions (AMIS) launched its catastrophe care plan and launched a line of measures that can be followed by those whose homes or insured cars have been damaged as a result of the earthquake.
- That the owners do not enter their homes, until elements of Civil Protection or the Institute do the inspection to it.
- Have at hand your insurance policy, as well as the documents that prove the ownership of the car or house.
- Contact the phone 01800 990 1016 for any questions about their insurances contracted.
- Be patient, because some insurers could still not operate normally, so the insured will have to wait to be able to contact them.
- Once the insured has contact with the insurer, the insurer will send an adjuster to verify the damages and determine the compensation amount, based on the insurance coverage.
- In case the car is not a total loss, it will be sent to the size so that the corresponding arrangements can be made.
Countries that are supporting Mexico after the earthquake
Physical effects of fear in your body
How do you train a rescue dog in an earthquake?
Miracles exist: stories of incredible rescues