For us eating is something natural and we do not realize all the muscles or organs that intervene in this process, like the language, which can also warn us about different diseases, but what did you not know about your language?
In addition to promoting the correct development of language to express our emotions, thoughts and everything we need to say, the language is distinguished by other characteristics such as the following.
1. Stronger muscle According to information published in Livescience , the tongue is the strongest muscle in the body, it is also a organ very flexible
2. It has fingerprints. According to a study published in Mahine Learning and Cybernetics 2007 International Conference on , the language has unique identity information of people, as if it were fingerprints.
3. It is formed by 9 muscles. The muscles of the tongue are called genioglossus, hyoglossus, stiloglossus, palatoglossus, faringoglossus, amigdaloglossus, superior lingual, inferior lingual and transverse, which help to breathe, swallow saliva and speak.
4. Taste buds. It has three thousand taste buds which help identify five types of flavors: bitter, salty, sour, sweet and spicy.
5. Movements Throughout the day it expands, contracts, flattens, even some people are able to roll up their tongues. In addition, because of its horseshoe shaped bone called hyoid located between the jaw and larynx, it can be emitted sounds .
On the other hand, several studies claim that by properly cleaning the tongue, diseases such as pneumonia, diabetes, osteoporosis and infertility can be prevented; so do not hesitate to go to the dentist and keep a correct oral hygiene