Its presence within the oriental diet is recognized, but its qualities as healthy food extend to diverse areas of health. Soy can not only help control weight but also prevent and slow the development of cancer.
An investigation carried out by the National Polytechnic Institute discovered that a protein contained in soy, when it has between two and six days of germination, and this can reduce 99% the size of tumors.
This is not everything, GetQoralHealth gives you 10 reasons why you should include soy in your daily diet:
1. Stimulates concentration and learning . It contains 8% alpha-linolenic acid. This polyunsaturated fatty acid is essential for the development of the membranes of brain cells and myelin sheaths. It is important in the pregnancy stage since it helps the development of the fetus, and is essential during the first three years of the child's life.
2. Assistance to the Circulation. This protein is rich in fats, highlighting two types: the linolenic, that is, the Omega-3 and linoleic known as Omega-6. Both are beneficial for the health of the blood vessels and the heart.
3. It is low in cholesterol. The average intake of 47 grams of soy protein per day decreases total cholesterol by an average of 9% and levels of LDL cholesterol, or "bad" cholesterol by 13%.
4. Diminish hot flashes. Some studies with women during menopause or postmenopause showed that when they increased the intake of soy isoflavones from meals or supplements they had a 10% to 20% decrease in the frequency and severity of hot flashes, compared with women who did not They increased their soy intake.
5. Counteract the effects of endometriosis. The isoflavones in soy products can help stop the action of natural estrogens, the major cause of premenstrual pain, metrorrhagia and other symptoms of endometriosis.
6. It controls diabetes and kidney diseases. Soy protein and its soluble fiber help regulate glucose levels and kidney leakage, helping to control diabetes and kidney disease.
7. It is a food that helps Alzheimer's patients. The consumption of soy lecithin for Alzheimer's patients can help to strengthen the levels of acetylcholine, which is a neurotransmitter.
8. It has a high nutritional value. It has a large amount of minerals and vitamins; besides that it registers important levels of calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium, phosphorus, vitamins E and B complex.
9. Prevents constipation. It contains a high percentage of fiber, which favors intestinal transit.
10. Reaffirm Muscles. The United Nations Organization for Agriculture and Food indicates that soy proteins have a higher amount of amino acids, which accelerate post-exercise muscle recovery; In addition, its isoflavones also have antioxidant effects that help reduce pain and inflammation.
As in all foods the excess can cause damage, so that you can get the benefits of soy is necessary to maintain a balanced diet and to perform at least 30 minutes of daily exercise.