Showing a flat stomach is not only one of the most desired aesthetic issues, but it is a sign of an adequate quality of life, digestion and healthy eating habits; However, abdominal inflammation is a very frequent condition that interferes with this desire.
The abdominal inflammation not only causes discomfort, but it can create other more severe discomforts of health, such as irritable bowel syndrome, among other consequences, so it is important to know its causes, as well as its prevention, in accordance with the National Institutes of Health (NIH) of the United States:
1. Swallow air . Eating fast and not chewing food well can cause indigestion by introducing an excess of air that causes abdominal swelling. It is better to reduce the speed and enjoy the food, in this way you will be satisfied before and you will eat less quantity. You can try a mint tea at the end of meals, it is a soft drink that reduces discomfort.
2. Processed foods . Specialists gastroenterologists say that many of their patients have an excess of air in the stomach, due to excess artificial sweetened foods they consume. Also, they tend to be high in sodium and low in fiber, and can contribute to increase the sensation. When buying canned, processed or frozen foods, do not choose those that contain more than 500 mg of sodium per serving and prefer "low / sodium-free" products.
3. Allergies. The allergies or intolerances , such as gluten or lactose, cause abdominal inflammation and gas accumulation, so it is necessary to eliminate its consumption, or a reduction or replacement. In the case of dairy, help choose fats and yogurts.
4. Constipation The scarcity of fiber , liquids and physical activity can cause constipation , which leads to abdominal inflammation. To avoid it eat whole grains, fruits, vegetables, legumes, nuts and seeds. In addition, drink plenty of fluids and perform a minimum of 30 minutes of physical activity, five times a week.
5. Diseases. Different conditions can include abdominal inflammation as one of its symptoms, among them: premenstrual syndrome, pancreatitis, diverticulitis, gastritis, gastric ulcer, appendicitis, cirrhosis, cardiovascular diseases and tumors, among others.
In general, abdominal inflammation is usually caused by inadequate nutrition and poor lifestyle, rather than by a disease, however, it is always important to consult a specialist when it becomes a very recurrent problem or is accompanied by other symptoms.