They are actions and attitudes that we often repeat unconsciously, but that have a decisive influence on our lives and especially on the health of our brain.
For Charles Duhigg, author of the book "The power of habits", These arise because the brain always seeks to save energy, so its natural tendency is to turn almost any situation already lived into a routine. The problem is that the brain does not differentiate between good and bad habits. Situation that causes that some actions that we realize are harmful for the health.
Many times our health is found in the decisions and actions we take. Therefore, we present you 7 habits that improve the health of your brain.
1. Two cups of chocolate a day. Published in the magazine Neurology, One study suggests that drinking two cups of hot chocolate daily for a month improves the score on cognitive tests and increases the blood flow that reaches the brain.
2. Speak alone. This custom stimulates the brain and helps to concentrate better on the task or problem to solve, according to a study published in the journal Quarterly Journal of Experimental Pyschology.
3. Listen to music. The musical experience, the musical training, all those things change your brain ... trains and improves brain functions that have nothing to do with this artistic area, as indicated Charles Limb, professor at Hopkins University.
4. Learn a dance. Scientists from the Albert Einstein School of Medicine, in New York, have found that dancing during your free time is the best antidote against cerebral aging , whether compared to intellectual activities such as reading books, writing, solving crosswords and playing a musical instrument.
5. Exercise. A study published in the Journal Frontiers in Aging Neuriscience, points out that maintaining a physical activity It increases the blood flow of the brain, which produces a better neuronal activity and a higher brain metabolism rate.
6. Sleep well to detoxify your brain. A study conducted by researchers from the University of Rochester, in New York, showed that the cleaning system of the brain The so-called glyphosac system is much more active while asleep than when awake, which eliminates the toxins responsible for Alzheimer's and other neurological diseases, product of cell waste.
The brain is the center of the universe of our own life because it allows our body to perform different activities, which is why it is important to take care of it. Do not forget!