Although its incidence is higher in women, men can also suffer from obesity and overweight. Figures of the Secretary of Health of the Federal District , indicate 69.8% of men over 20 have problems with their weight.
The overweight A man can affect his physical health as a couple. A study published in the magazine Journal of Sexual Medicine states that the loss of between 5% and 10% of body weight in a period of two months improved intimate erections.
The consequences of this problem are similar for both sexes, but their origin is not. Here we present some habits that make men gain weight.
1. Excess confidence in themselves. According to a study conducted by the psychologist Andrea Meltzer, of the Southeast Dallas Methodist University, Having a quality relationship causes men to gain weight; because they trust too much in them and that they no longer need to take care of themselves to look for a partner.
2. Go out partying. Afternoons makes you lose track of time and the amount of food you eat. In addition, there is a hormonal imbalance that affects the feeling of fullness.
3. Watch television. An investigation of the Uppsala University of Sweden he affirms that watching a television program that is boring or that does not manage to catch the interest causes him to eat twice as much food.
4. They eat too fast. The brain and the organism takes about 20 minutes to recognize that they are satisfied. For this reason they say that eating slowly, you lose weight because if you eat fast, you eat more food than your body needs.
5. You have overweight friends. Many men judge your weight comparing yourself with friends and colleagues. If they are overweight, they immediately believe that their weight is normal.
To avoid this problem try to have a balanced diet, but above all a daily exercise routine. At least 30 minutes a day. Beware!