There are many myths about wrinkles, but how true is it that antioxidants help prevent the appearance of fine lines and keep you young? Find out what science says about the causes of aging.
According to a study published in the journal Cell , Carlos López-Otín, of the University of Oviedo, María Blasco and Manuel Serrano of the CNIO; Linda Partridge, of the Max Planck Institute and Guido Kroemer of the Descartes University of Paris, point out that there are several scientific keys in aging:
1. Defects in DNA These damages that accumulate in the genes throughout life, whether due to internal or external causes, are one of the main causes of aging and also the appearance of tumors, except in those of a family nature.
2. Size of telomeres (ends of the chromosomes). The shorter the risk of cancer and the acceleration of aging. To make them grow, avoid smoking, drinking alcohol and eating a balanced diet.
3. Changes in the genome. DNA suffers the effects of our life habits and exposure to the environment (solar radiation and tobacco); These are also one of the main causes of aging.
4. Defective proteins. When the body can not eliminate the defective proteins accumulate and generate different diseases such as Alzheimer's.
5. Exhaustion of stem cells in tissues. Without these cells with regenerative capacity, the tissues and organs age.
However, to avoid aging it is recommended to have healthy habits such as a balanced diet and the practice of some physical activity. Also try to visit your doctor before any abnormality you detect in your body. Y you, how do you prevent aging?