Already accustomed to their presence, processed foods have become the basis of the diet of Mexicans, replacing natural food. Only in 2011, these represented 22.7% of the country's Gross Domestic Product, figures from the Secretary of Economy.
A processed food is anyone who is undergoing a treatment that seeks to provide certain characteristics: to enhance its flavor, modify its texture, add nutritional value and increase its durability.
However, like everything the body acquires, processed foods have effects on your body andGetQoralHealth he informs you of any of it.
1. Depression An investigation carried out by the University of London revealed that people who consumed more processed foods were 58% more likely to develop depression. Specialists suggest that this is due to the relationship that exists with these foods and the development of coronary heart disease and inflammation.
2. Sodium sulfite. This is a preservative used in processed foods. People who are sensitive to sulfite may experience headaches, breathing problems and skin rashes
3. Cancer. Through a study the University of Hawaii i revealed that people who consumed more processed meat had a 67% higher chance of getting pancreatic cancer.
4. Fat and Sugar. High in these two ingredients, these foods can contribute to weight gain. When the fatty acids are ingested they are incorporated into the cells, which in turn generates a hormonal disorder, a factor that generates weight gain.
5. Monosodium glutamate. It is used as a flavor enhancer. It is an excitotoxin, a substance that overexpresses cells to the point of damaging or killing them.
6. Reduction of intelligence. The University of Bristol He conducted a survey in which he discovered that children who had a diet rich in processed foods in their first years of life had a decrease in their coefficient, unlike those who had a high intake of vegetables and fibers.
7. Conservatives. Butylhydroxyanisole and Butyl hydroxytoluene are preservatives that affect the neurological system of the brain, altering behavior.
8. Heart Processed foods contribute up to 75% of sodium in the diet, according to data from the specialist Zeratsky Katherine , of the Mayo Clinic .
9. Stomach The juices by their non-absorbable carbohydrate content, promotes diarrhea or reflux.
10. Neurons Monosodium glutamate is an excitotoxin used to extract the flavor in food. According to the specialist Russell Blaylock, Neurosurgeon, excitotoxins can cause more sensitive neurons to die. Some people experience other side effects such as headaches, irritated skin, drowsiness, and respiratory, digestive, circulatory and coronary problems.
Processed foods, in balanced amounts, can be beneficial; however, it is recommended that these be balanced in a diet that contains natural food and exercise. Beware!
Follow us on@GetQoralHealth , GetQoralHealth on Facebook,Pinterest and inYoutube
Do you want to lose weight? Sign up with us and enjoy the new GetQoralHealth tool