5 tips of personal motivation
The cardiovascular diseases , as a whole, are the leading cause of death worldwide, according to the World Health Organization (WHO); However, this could be avoided only with a change in lifestyle and healthier habits, as well as avoiding negative factors such as sedentary lifestyle, which reduces the risk by up to 50%.
The cardiovascular diseases they involve disorders of the heart and blood vessels, including coronary heart disease (heart attack), cerebrovascular disease (stroke), hypertension , heart disease and heart failure.
To prevent cardiovascular diseases It is important to have a healthy lifestyle, but more knowledge about cardiac health is also required. Therefore, we tell you some curious facts about your heart :
1. According to the Spanish Heart Foundation , the heart It pumps about 5 liters of blood per minute and beats about 100 thousand times a day, which is called cardiac output, so you should exercise regularly, to keep the heart in optimal condition.
2. Because the heart , like the brain, requires a large amount of oxygen for its functioning, one of the most effective strategies to obtain it is to listen to music while exercising, because the music increases up to 25% the diameter of the blood vessels, as well like oxygenation.
3. According to a study published in the American Heart Journal sleeping at an altitude higher than one thousand 200 meters before ascending a mountain can reduce the risk of suffering sudden death , which is beneficial for athletes, however, for "ordinary" people, this may imply a greater risk at the beginning of their adaptation.
4. Scientists of the American Heart Association explain that one of the keys to take care of your heart it is oral health, since diseases such as gingivitis increase the risk of suffering a heart attack by up to 50%.
5. Laughter is the best medicine for you heart , according to researchers from the Columbia University , who explain that laughing reduces the risk of heart attack by up to 30%, stress and improves blood circulation.
Several scientific studies recommend that in addition to healthy habits, emotional health is vital to prevent cardiovascular diseases , since they have observed that emotions such as happiness, sadness, anger, anxiety, fear and positive attitude, directly influence the correct functioning of the heart .