Mexico, like many countries around the world, has a deep knowledge of natural medicine; same that nowadays has become an option to treat some of the "modern" diseases that afflict the majority. Example is the bacopa , that among its properties is to control the anxiety.
The leaf extract of bacopa (Bacopa monnieri) It is called brahmi in Ayurvedic medicine and is widely used in India, in the treatment of diseases such as asthma , mental disorders, problems digestive and of heart.
Although the plant is not well known in the country, the properties of bacopa are widely studied. That is why we offer some of your benefits for your health.
1. Memory. An investigation of Department of Psychology of the University of Wollongong, in Australia, suggests that consumption of bacopa has positive effects on learning, since it decreases the rate of forgetfulness of newly acquired information, which is located in visual and verbal memory in the short term.
2. You learn faster. A study presented in the International Brain Research Conference , shows that the long term consumption of bacopa could improve learning times by almost 50%.
3. Stress . In accordance with Cathy Wong, expert in nutrition, bacopa can help to modify the activity of certain enzymes involved in the response to stress ; decreasing the effect of this emotion on the body.
4. Alzheimer's . An article prepared by the experts Uabundit and Wattanathorn, indicates that bacopa could fight the disease Alzheimer's This is due to the antioxidants present in the plant, which help suppress oxidative stress (a destructive process that contributes to Alzheimer's disease).
5. Anxiety. In the investigation of Department of Psychology, University of Wollongong , it is indicated that 12 weeks of treatment with bacopa (at a dose of 300 milligrams per day) significantly improves the state of anxiety and heart rate.
As in the case of all plants, it is necessary that there be care in their consumption, since an excess in it can be more harmful than beneficial.
Some side effects of bacopa are the sickness, dry mouth, thirst and fatigue. Remember, your health is in your hands, take care!