Like adolescence, menopause It is a stage that causes various changes in the woman's body, many of which are difficult to understand and therefore manage. However, it is not the end of a journey but the transition to a new phase of life.
According to gynecologist Francisco Barahona , this natural event usually occurs between 45 and 50 years of age, and is characterized by the absence of menstrual periods , which is caused by a decrease in the production of estrogen since ovulation does not stop occurring.
A woman does not lose her femininity by menopause , you simply must have more knowledge about the changes that are made in your body. That is why we present you five of these.
1. Decrease the flow or moisture in the vagina. According to the clinical professor of obstetrics and gynecology of the Yale University School of Medicine, Jane Minkin, the lack of estrogen in the body decreases the Blood flow to the pelvic region, which results in vaginal dryness.
2. More fragile skin. The lack of estrogen It causes a decrease in collagen in the tissues so the skin becomes thinner and drier, and bruises often appear.
3. Your brain becomes cloudy. According to an investigation carried out by the University of Rochester Medical Center, During the first year after the last menstrual period, women suffer from cognitive difficulties.
4. It makes you gain weight. The lack of estrogen in menopause favors the appearance of obesity, as indicated by a study presented in the International Symposium of Endocrinological Gynecology.
5. Fragile bones. The osteoporosis It is the main problem that causes menopause, since estrogen is the female hormones that regulate the supply of calcium to bones. The bone weakens becoming porous, fragile and very susceptible to fractures.
Each body is different and the changes it presents at menopause can vary from woman to woman. However, remember that a balanced diet and exercise can help you overcome this transition in a better way.