Researchers of the University of New Zealand They have recently identified a list of the worst foods you should avoid if you intend to lose weight.
Among its recommendations, experts suggest not to be impressed (much less bear) by the labels of those foods that say "light", "healthy", "natural" or with "low calories". An example: granola is sold as a low-fat and low-calorie product, when in fact it is not.
In this sense, Rebeca Castro Leyva, Chief of Nutrition and Dietetics of the General Hospital of Zone 2-A Troncoso of the IMSS, agrees with the New Zealand specialists and ensures that light foods are not miraculous or promote weight loss, as they contain additives, vegetable or synthetic, whose daily consumption can even translate into a health problem in key organs, such as the kidneys .
To take a proper diet without resorting to light products, you must remove the fat from natural foods, eat those that have more fiber and drink an average of two liters of water a day, recommends this dietitian.
Although the list of researchers of the University of Otago, New Zealand contains 49 foods (many of them little consumed in Mexico), in GetQoralHealth we tell you which are the 10 that have many calories and few nutritional benefits.
1. White bread It has no nutritional value and is full of carbohydrates.
2. Sugar-free cereals. They usually advertise them as "low calorie energy bars", but in reality, they have a large amount of sweeteners.
3. Vegetable oil. It is usually highly processed. It is always better to opt for extra virgin olive oil.
4. Whole milk . If you need calcium in your diet, it is possible to incorporate it. However, it usually has a lot of fat. Skim milk is a better alternative, or you can try soy or almond milk.
5. Potatoes . Occasionally, it is not so bad to consume potatoes, especially if they are steamed, baked or mashed. However, they are not recommended because of their high starch content.
6. Salad dressings can be very nutritious when kept simple . A combination of vinegar (which controls blood sugar) - and plant oils (full of fatty acids and even antioxidants) is beneficial. But the "zero fat" dressings contain high fructose corn syrup and hidden sugars.
7. Vegetables can be raw or lightly cooked. Consuming a lot of fiber can swell your stomach, which will make you feel gas and can also cause constipation.
8. Sausages . Experts also do not recommend the consumption of free or low-fat cold meats. In any case, it is better to eat turkey or chicken breast.
9. Pot fruit juices. Many times, for not drinking sodas or sugary drinks, we think that drinking fruit juices is the best option for our diet. However, we must be careful since many industrialized fruit juices have additives, concentrates and extra sugars.
10. Cottage cheese . Although it has been recommended to lose weight because of its low calories and high percentage of protein that helps keep us sated for longer, the dark side of cottage cheese is its effect on the pressure due to its high sodium content.
A 'light' cup can have up to 900 mg of sodium, 35% of what is recommended in a day.
As you can see, some of the worst foods to eat on a diet are really amazing and prevent you from achieving your goal: lose weight.