In seasons of low temperatures, it is necessary to include foods to strengthen your immune system and also help maintain an adequate weight. Therefore, in GetQoralHealth We present 5 scientific reasons why grapefruit is included in your diet.
1. DNA According to data from National Polytechnic Institute (IPN) Grapefruit helps prevent DNA damage by preventing obesity and noncommunicable chronic diseases such as diabetes mellitus type 2, Alzheimer's and heart disease.
2. Balance. Researchers of the Scripps Clinic in California , reveal that grapefruit contains naringenin; antioxidant that helps maintain an adequate level of blood sugar.
3. Digestion. Grapefruit is good fiber source. According to the book "The Enlightened Eaterr's Whole Foods Guide "Phytonutrients and soluble fiber contained in citrus fruits help reduce cholesterol levels.
4. Low in calories . Grapefruit can be included in salads, juices or simply as a snack. In 100 grams of grapefruit there are only 40 calories.
5. Accelerates the metabolism. The Center of Nutrition and Metabolic Research of the Scripps Clinic In California, he points out that eating grapefruit before each meal can help you lose weight, since grapefruit contains properties to benefit fat burning and regulate insulin.
According to publications in The Journal of Agriculture and Food Chemistry , the daily consumption of a grapefruit helps the good contribution of vitamin C. Grapefruit is one more option to include in your balanced diet; avoid monotonous regimes.
Remember to go with your specialist since there is scientific evidence about grapefruit and its interaction with some medications; for example, antihypertensive drugs. Watch your health!