There are foods with thermogenic effects that favor lost of weight . Some help burn plus calories for its compounds and nutrients that help speed up the metabolism .
The thermogenic effect in food it refers to the heat that the body generates to digest food. This helps accelerate the metabolism during the process digestion . The body burns more calories according to the amount of proteins , fats and carbohydrates what do you consume?
According to a study in charge of Ward Dean , member of the American Association of Aging , the compounds thermogenic (capsaicin, ephedrine, caffeine) are safe and effective for the control of weight . They facilitate decomposition of the fats Y reduce the levels of triglycerides in the blood.
It is proven that the following foods have true thermogenic effects .
1. Chile. Margriet Westerterp-Plantenga , from the Department of Human Biology of the University of Maastricht , in the Netherlands, states that the capsaicin (substance that gives the spicy flavor) contained in chilies increase the thermogenesis , creates the feeling of satiety and favors the oxidation of fats .
2. Black pepper. It contains piperine , a compound that helps block the formation of new fat cells in the body, says a study published in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry . In addition, it is a powerful stimulating of receivers nervous system (TRPV1), responsible for regular the temperature body that activates accelerates the burning of calories .
3. Coconut oil Its high content of fatty acids medium chain (AGCM) accelerates the metabolism . They are easy digestion and help eliminate body fat, explains Koji Nagao , of the Saga University in Japan.
4. Green tea A study published in The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition confirms that this drink has properties thermogenic . Promote the oxidation of fats and increases the expense of calories due to its high content of caffeine Y catechins . It is believed that these substances stimulate sympathetic nervous system . So drinking two to four cups of green tea a day helps maintain the ideal weight.
5. Ginger. The gingerol It is one of the most important components of ginger that acts as a natural anti-inflammatory. It is related to weight loss, as it helps increase the thermogenesis , optimizes the burning of grease and increase the metabolism basal.
In addition, it is a powerful antioxidant that reduces the presence of free radicals in the body, explains a study of Maastricht University from Holland.
It is recommended to consume 200mg. to 1g. of ginger a day. It can be consumed in tea, juice and as a condiment in salads or desserts.
Other foods that generate a thermogenic effect in the body are those that contain lean proteins like fish, seafood, shrimp, egg whites. The turmeric , mustard and the ice They are also considered among the food products that increase the metabolism .
These foods have a great effect of thermogenesis because they influence the process metabolic , in satiety and oxidation of fats . They can be considered as functional agents to achieve a positive balance between the expenditure of energy and the contribution of nutrients.