"Free gluten-free diet", it is an idea that in recent years has become important among the different strata of the population; Above all, when you hear that it is the mechanism used by various celebrities to reach their "perfect weight". However, why is this food harms health, and even puts life at risk?
The gluten It is different from the protein They contain other grains (like rice) and meat (like steak). For humans it is difficult to digest it completely, so it can make some people very sick, but not all of them, "says the author. Arthur Agatston, medical director of wellness and prevention for the Baptist Health South Florida hospital network.
You may also be interested in: Lose weight with gluten-free foods
Gluten is the protein of some grains (wheat, barley and rye), and although it has been part of the diet of the human being for centuries, today has become an enemy, this due to the change of life that has been suffered (sedentary lifestyle and a polluted environment).
If you are still not sure, here are some effects of the gluten in the body.
1. Deadly? It is a possibility, especially for people suffering from celiac disease, a condition that makes them susceptible to gluten. A pinch of it can make you very sick, because it damages the lining of the small intestine and can produce a series of health problems ranging from chronic diarrhea and abdominal pain until osteoporosis , and even cancer, says Agatston.
2. Your excess clouds your capacity. People with this sensitivity when consuming foods containing gluten develop various symptoms such as: stomach, swelling, heartburn, joint pains, headache , rashes, fatigue, insomnia and difficulties to think.
3. Fear with sustenance. In accordance with Isabel Polanco, head of the Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition Service of La Paz : The presence of gluten in the diet can contribute to the development of neoplastic diseases of the digestive tract, such as esophageal and pharyngeal carcinomas, adenocarcinomas of the small intestine and non-Hodgkin lymphomas.
4. More "belly". ANDl gluten can result in intestinal inflammation, which can jeopardize digestion, absorption and assimilation, says the expert Jade Teta, co-author of the book The Metabolic Effect Diet.
5. Your brain is a victim. According to Center for Peripheral Neuropathy considers gluten as a "potential neurotoxin". Gluten damage can be of all kinds, from unexplained dizziness to numbness of the hands and feet.
6. Lack of nutrients. In people with a sensitivity to gluten, eat foods with the protein activates an autoimmune reaction. The body attacks gluten with anti-bodies in the same way that anti-bodies attack viruses. This damages the intestines. The lesion inhibits the absorption of nutrients , often leading to a nutritional deficiency.
Eating a balanced diet is key to preventing diseases, but above all the risk of damaging the organism in a deadly way. Take care and limit the consumption of gluten!