Leukemia is controllable in 80% of cases

The leukemia it's a kind of blood cancer that originates in the bone marrow , which generates an uncontrollable increase in white blood cells (leukocytes that fight infections of the body) immature, which replace cells Normal of the body.

This type of cells cancer cells prevent the production of Red blood cells and healthy ripe whites, as well as platelets ; In addition, they spread to the bloodstream, the lymphatic system, the brain and the spinal cord.

The causes of leukemia they are unknown in most cases; However, the experts rule out that it is a disease hereditary or contagious.

In accordance with Angelica Cruz , medical manager of Eli Lilly , this disease has two peaks of incidence: one, in children from 10 to 12 years; as well as in older adults, from 50 to 60 years old.

The expert points out that the main characteristics of the disease are: swollen glands , fever , weightloss, anemia , leukopenia and decrease in platelets. In addition, symptoms such as:

  1. Fatigue
  2. Lack of appetite
  3. Bone pain
  4. Pallor
  5. Hemorrhages sporadic
  6. Appearance of spots on the skin

In the following video, Angélica Cruz explains who is in charge of the leukemia and the treatment that patients should take.

Angélica Cruz points out that 80% of patients with leukemia they can control it with proper treatment; while the remaining 20% ​​do not see an improvement and they can only reduce the discomfort associated with disease .

Follow us on Twitter Y Facebook .

If you are interested in receiving more information on this topic, do not hesitate register with us.

Video Medicine: Cancer | Wikipedia audio article (February 2024).