It can be an external factor and outside our power, but the weather it can negatively or positively affect our organism and health; However, what could these alterations be and how do they happen?
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), many of the most deadly diseases, such as diarrhea, dengue or malaria, are sensitive to climate and tend to be more aggressive with climate changes.
The drastic changes in climate that have been witnessed in recent times cause concern, not only for the material damage they cause, but for the damage to health.
That's why we offer you 5 ways to affect your organism the weather. Discover them!
1. Open up . According to a study published in the magazine International Journal of Biometeorology, contradictory to the thought that you have that the hot causes more deaths, it is during the winter when the mortality rate increases.
2. Beware of the wind. People who live in areas of high risk of extreme weather events such as hurricanes, tornadoes, floods and tsunamis may also be at high risk of physical stress and mental, not only because of the events themselves, but because of the recovery after the events.
According to a 2011 report from the National Wildlife Federation , global warming could have important implications for mental, psychological and public health.
3. State of mind. An investigation published in the magazine Emotion determined that climate factors such as temperature , sunlight, wind and precipitation have a negative influence on the state of mind In contrast, temperatures are related to happier people.
4. You are more violent. Researchers of the University of California at Berkeley found that there is a link between violence and the heat. For each temperature increase, the occurrences of "intergroup conflict" increased by 14%, while the cases of "interpersonal violence", which the domestic violence, They increased 4%.
5. Greater happiness. Average temperatures in the winter and lower in the summer seem to be correlated with the increase in happiness. And, of course, mild winters and colder summers make it easy to get outdoors during the whole year.
Although your health is in your hands. The weather can influence the organism Therefore, it is important that you take precautions for each climate change. Beware!