When too many accumulate gases in the stomach because of a bad digestion When air is swallowed while eating, or due to digestive disorders, it is common for them to Belching to release this accumulation, which can be uncomfortable when they are frequent, therefore certain remedies must be known to avoid or reduce them.
The Belching , process known as part of the aerophagia , are a benign or mild digestive disorder, are difficult to control because it is something unconscious, however they are necessary to relieve the abdominal sensation of fullness or excess of air and gases .
According to specialists from National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK) , can also be formed gases in the stomach due to the presence of bacteria, in addition to that belching can be exacerbated due to stress or tension (nerves). To reduce them, it is recommended:
1. Fermented foods. Among them the fermented cabbage or sauerkraut, kefir, yogurt, etc., because the presence of probiotics , help improve our intestinal flora.
2. Infusions or consumption of carminative plants or that help eliminate the gases : as mint, anise green, star anise, fennel, angelica, caraway, caraway and bay leaf.
3. Strawberries. They favor the digestion because they stimulate the secretion of gastric juices and for their contribution of vitamins B and K, according to the Center of Disorders of the Esophagus of the University of California in Los Angeles.
4. Nopales . They contain mucilages in their pulp, whose properties help to reduce gases and favor a better digestion .
5. Herbal teas to calm the nerves and that favor the digestion , like peppermint, chamomile, cardamom, mate, turmeric and the consumption of capers.
In addition, it is recommended to eat slowly, small portions and chew food very well, as well as avoiding carbonated and alcoholic beverages, chewing gum, and excessive consumption of sulfur-containing foods such as onions, garlic and chocolates.