Famous surfer dies because of dengue

The three-time world surf champion, Andy Irons He was found dead in a hotel room in Dallas, United States, on November 2, 2010, where he was making a stop on his way to his home on the Hawaiian island of Kauai.

Employees of the Grand Hyatt Hotel at the Dallas-Fort Worth Airport found the body of the 32 year old sportsman deceased because of dengue .

Dengue is an acute viral disease transmitted by the mosquito Aedes aegypti , which is raised in the standing water and the surfer would have contracted it during the 'Rip Curl' competition in Puerto Rico . The symptoms of this disease for which it was detected, are: fever , pain of head and back, hemorrhages and sometimes puts patients in state shock .

Irons had spent two days in Miami under treatment , but insisted on returning home to be examined by his personal physician. However, the situation got worse and he was unable to board the scheduled flight, so he stayed overnight in Dallas.

The surfer was one of the best in the world, three times champion from 2002 to 2004. His family also confirmed the news and thanked the friends of the surfer and his followers for their support in these hard times. Irons was married and his wife Lyndie is eight months pregnant with her first child.

Source: Heraldo.com


Video Medicine: Famoso surfista muere por causa del dengue - Salud y Educación (July 2022).