The colors harmonize, print emotion and make an inanimate object something full of life; however, they can also influence our appetite. According to a study conducted by the Oxford University, the shade of the cutlery affects the taste of our food. Therefore, why not try new colors, such as black foods?
The World Health Organization recommends eating at least five servings a day of vegetables and fruits. To facilitate this action, experts recommend combining foods according to colors, which will allow a balanced dish to be consumed in antioxidants, vitamins A, B, C and E and other compounds that contribute to improving the functions of the human body.
A good option when talking about improving the nutritional value and taste of food are black foods, but what are these?
1. Black garlic Popular in Asian cuisine, it is obtained by fermenting normal garlic bulbs at high temperatures and has a characteristic sweet taste with balsamic notes. Allicin, one of its main components, strengthens the immune system and increases the body's defenses, especially during allergic processes.
2. Dark chocolate . It stimulates hair growth. Copper, zinc and iron promote the process of cell growth and renewal, and dark chocolate is full of these minerals. Therefore ingesting this food daily will increase the oxygen and blood flow in the scalp, making it grow healthier and stronger.
3. Black olives. The most valuable property of olives is their high content of monounsaturated fats. This type of fat increases high-density cholesterol, known as the "good cholesterol." The biggest difference between a black and a green olive is the ripening time, in the first it is usually longer.
4. Black tea. It contains theaflavins, an antioxidant that according to a study of the Rutgers University of New Jersey, help in recovery from muscle pain after intensive exercise. In addition, it could also reduce the risks of heart attack.
5. Black rice. It contains more antioxidants than blueberries, according to a study by the Louisiana State University Agricultural Center. In addition to being full of color, it is also in vitamin E. Use it in risottos (with dark colored mushrooms and truffled oil, for example), or make a rice with chocolate milk, to preserve the color theme and add flavor.
6. Coffee. The reduction of triglyceride levels, which facilitates the consumption of coffee, is the main explanation for reducing the risks of coronary heart disease and type 2 diabetes.
7. Blackberries. This fruit is the cousin's sister and is also very healthy: it contains polyphenols, which can help the cognitive decline of old age. In addition, they are rich in fiber.
For these black foods to have a real effect on your health, your diet needs to be balanced. Remember, your health is in your hands, do not forget it.