After an earthquake you may feel anxiety and it is normal, but if you spend more than two days with this disorder it is time to know how to act.
Currently, anxiety is a disease that predominates among Mexicans due to the social and economic environment, which impact on the quality of life of people, so it is necessary to find techniques to control anxiety, according to the Ministry of Health of the Federal District .
It may interest you: Anxiety, enemy or signal?
Before an event such as an earthquake, the disorder is magnified, the effects grow and it is necessary to take measures to follow.
In an interview for GetQoralHealth, Arie Schwartzman, wellness specialist, It explains the most common symptoms experienced by a person suffering from anxiety:
There are some actions or techniques to control anxiety naturally and without drugs that will help you to have a greater well-being and recover happiness in your life, according to the Mexican Institute of Social Security (IMSS).
1. Act when you get up. When you wake up, initiate some activity immediately so that you keep your mind occupied all day. Doing so would help you eliminate those fears and worries.
2. Positive action. Helping someone generates positive emotions, which will reduce the presence of problems and fears.
3. Desahógate. Talking with someone about your problems and feelings is one of the best actions to control anxiety. If you find it difficult to express your emotions to others, write a letter or a release journal.
4. Exercise. Although it sounds very trite, physical activity stimulates the production of endorphins, which are hormones that improve your mood and generate happiness.
5. Do not forget gratitude. Thanks for all the good things you have in life. Every night, summarize everything you enjoyed during the day and feel how positive emotions invade your body.
6. Keep your faith in something. Believing in something can help you gain the confidence to achieve your goals and overcome anxiety successfully.
7. Plan your activities. One of the causes of anxiety is stress, so try to organize all your earrings and set a schedule for each one, this will greatly reduce your anxiety.
Alternative therapies are a good option to reduce the fears that generate stress and anxiety, so try the practice of yoga, breathing exercises and give yourself time to enjoy your body and emotions.
It is not unusual to visit a specialist if you consider that your anxiety is getting out of control. He can guide you to a better quality of life and learn some techniques to control anxiety. And you, are you aware of the origin of your anxiety?