5 benefits of children's acupuncture
Mexico ranks first in childhood obesity , followed by the United States. The reason is that 1 in 5 children under 2 to 5 suffer from overweight or obesity , revealed the First report on obesity prevention policies for children under 5 years old, published by the American Institute of Medicine .
Therefore, we give you some recommendations to say no to overweight :
1. Eat formula milk Studies show that babies fed with formula milk and those who are given solid foods before 4 months of age have a higher risk of obesity
2. Give breast milk for 12 months. According to the advice of the American Academy of Pediatrics , the lactation It should be during the first year of life and not only during the first 6 months, since even babies do not have enough nutrients, so they eat more
3. Solid foods gain weight. A study published in the magazine Pediatrics, reveals that if a baby is fed solid foods before 3 or 4 months, they have a higher risk of gaining weight, so they could develop obesity in preschool
4. Move on. It is necessary for adults to encourage minors to perform a sport. Parents should schedule times to play outdoors, run and / or create a habit of physical activity Y sports
5. You are what you eat. Another recommendation is that adults give an example of healthy nutrition, so they should encourage children to eat fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, whole grains and low-fat or non-fat dairy
6. 8 hours of sleep. When children sleep between 8 and 10 hours a day, they are less likely to gain weight; By having a full rest you have a better choice of food and you do not eat too much
According to the American Institute of Medicine, children with obesity have, metabolic alterations in insulin, liver enzymes and cholesterol ; problems usually detected in older adults. In addition, their self-esteem and school performance decrease.