Most people, women or men, when starting a diet immediately resort to the elimination of foods with fat, because they consider them decisive factors for weight gain; However, how true is it?
Fats are essential for the absorption of soluble nutrients such as vitamins D, A, K, and E, which help protect your vision, the proper functioning of your immune system and the maintenance of your bones.
These are also used to make hormones in the body: they are part of a membrane that aligns every cell of your body, and forms a covering that surrounds each neuron allowing them to communicate effectively.
Although its consumption is vital for the body, you have to learn to distinguish which foods with fat are beneficial and which are not. Thus Getqoralhealth.com gives you 5 that will help you maintain your diet and not gain weight:
1. Nuts They are a great source of unprocessed fat, as well as minerals and other nutrients. Macadamia, almonds and cashews are a source of monounsaturated fats and omega 3. Try to avoid nuts cooked in oil, instead toasted toasted.
2. Dark or bitter chocolate . The cocoa bean is a very concentrated source of antioxidants. The cocoa bean fat (cocoa butter) is very healthy, and is composed of approximately 59% saturated fat (stearic acid) 38% monounsaturated, and 3% polyunsaturated.
3. Avocados. It contains approximately 60% monounsaturated fat, 25% saturated fat and 15% polyunsaturated fat. Avocados are a natural food that provides nutrients, fiber, and also adds a rich flavor to any food.
4. Olive oil. In percentages 71% are monounsaturated fats, 16% saturated and 13% polyunsaturated. A health cocktail that is extra virgin and that has been extracted by pressure, thus preserving its qualities. It is always better to consume it cold without cooking because when heated its unsaturated fats become unstable.
5. Coconut fat. It is considered very healthy because it is not stored and is more easily metabolized to obtain immediate energy. Contains lauric acid, with great antimicrobial effect, which helps improve the immune system.
In Mexico alone there are 48 million adults with overweight and obesity, according to the National Health and Nutrition Survey.
It is important that you maintain a balanced diet, and with that you integrate foods with fats. Remember, the only bad thing is excesses. So, take care and love yourself!