Exercise prevents the onset of Alzheimer's
The accumulation of abdominal fat not only creates aesthetic problems, but also promotes the development of diseases such as obesity, hypertension and dyslipidemia, among others, it is important to eradicate the factors that cause it.
The main causes of the accumulation of abdominal fat are a diet rich in fats and sugars, ie an unbalanced diet, lack of physical activity, as well as some diseases and genetic predisposition, but also, some other factors and lifestyle, according to National Institutes of Health (NHI) of the United States.
1. Smoking Tobacco reduces the activity of estrogen and favors the production of male hormones, such as testosterone, which in men causes a greater accumulation of abdominal fat, while women tend to deposit more fat in hips and buttocks.
2. Menopause. According to a study of the Monash University in Melbourne, Australia , the response of the body to the fall of estrogen in menopause, is a change of storage of fat from the hips, to the waist, which accumulates more abdominal fat.
3. Fructose According to researchers of the Division of Endocrinology at UC San Francisco , a high consumption of fructose leads to an increase in abdominal fat, insulin resistance, metabolic syndrome and diabetes, because their metabolism generates fat accumulation in the liver.
4. Depression A study of researchers from the University of Minnesota indicates that depression could cause the accumulation of abdominal fat, by increasing the production of cortisol and certain inflammatory substances.
5. Fatty liver. Specialists of the Spanish Society for the Study of Obesity (SEEDO) explain that people with fatty liver often have harmful eating behaviors: they get up without appetite but in the afternoon they suffer anxiety which leads them to eat food without control; so they frequently have insulin resistance and increased abdominal fat even without overeating.
The key to preventing and reducing the accumulation of abdominal fat is a general change in lifestyle habits, in which a diet rich in fiber, aerobic exercise and a good rest, will help to combat so many causes, as the consequences of this condition .