Currently there are many types and causes of headache. In fact, according to the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS) , can be classified up to 150 types of primary and secondary headaches, according to the characteristics of each and its origin.
The primary headache disorders are divided into four main groups: migraine, tension-type headache, autonomic cephalic trigeminal (a group of short duration but intense), and a miscellaneous group.
While the secondary disorders are caused by an underlying disease that affects the brain and are usually diagnosed based on other symptoms that appeared concomitantly, as well as their characteristics. Some of the most serious causes of this type include tumors and strokes.
According to the Institute, one of the most common causes of headaches is the sleep disorders ; However, there are also many others that affect the quality of life in general, including:
1. Stress . The tensions They are one of the most common causes of headache. In general, it is accompanied by contractures in the neck and shoulders, anxiety or depression . The pain can be oppressive and usually starts at the back of the head and extends forward.
2. Stress The stress , especially when they present high levels or chronic, causes the release of chemical agents (cortisol) that produce vascular transformations that cause some types of headaches.
3. Alcohol . The consumption of alcohol reduces heart rate and respiratory rate and affects brain function. In general these effects appear the next day, which is popularly known as hangover. However, they can appear at 10 minutes and reach the point higher than the hour.
4. Menstrual period . In some cases, these are usually causes of headaches during the period of many women, which manifest as a throbbing pain, greater sensitivity to light and even in extreme cases nausea and vomiting.
5. Bad postures. The works that require to maintain certain position for many hours, cause the appearance of headache. The Headache Foundation (USA), explains that spending many hours in front of the computer, with a microscope or meticulous manual tasks, can originate them.
According to the NINDS, most of the causes of headaches can be prevented or eliminated with simple changes in lifestyle, relaxation or breathing techniques, or in specific cases, with medication, for which it is vital to previously consult a specialist
Follow us on@GetQoralHealth , GetQoralHealth on Facebook,Pinterest and inYoutube
Do you want to lose weight? Sign up with us and enjoy the new GetQoralHealth tool