The lack of self-confidence prevents taking initiatives and moving forward, so many opportunities to develop and achieve goals of our lives are lost.
On the contrary, self-confidence and security in our attributes and abilities allow us to think autonomously and act more freely, achieving more authentic and open relationships.
Louise L. Hay , precursor of the New Age movement, in his book "Love without conditions "Proposes 10 actions to follow as a guide to generate that self-confidence:
1. Stop criticizing yourself . Refuse to criticize you. Accept yourself just the way you are. Everyone changes. When you criticize yourself, your changes are negative. When you approve, your changes are positive.
2. Do not be scared . Stop terrifying yourself with your thoughts. Look for some mental image that gives you pleasure and immediately replaces the frightening thought with a pleasant one.
3. Be kind, gentle and patient . Be nice and behave yourself. Be patient while you learn this new way of thinking. Treat yourself like you would treat a person you truly love.
4. Be tolerant with your mind. Self-hatred is hatred of one's own thoughts. Do not hate yourself for having the thoughts you have. Transform them smoothly.
5. Praise yourself. Criticism destroys the inner spirit. Praise builds it. Praise everything you can. Go for the good you do things, no matter how insignificant they are.
6. Give yourself support. Find ways to support yourself. Turn to your friends and let yourself help. It is a sign of strength to ask for help when needed.
7. Be lenient with your negative aspects. Understand that you created them to satisfy a series of needs. Now you are finding new and positive ways to meet those same needs.
8. Take care of your body. Find out what is the right nutrition for you. Find out about the different types of physical exercise that exist. Pamper and venerate the temple in which you live.
9. Work with the mirror. Look into your eyes often. Express the growing love you feel for you. Forgive yourself by looking in the mirror. Talk to your parents looking in the mirror. Forgive them too.
10. Do it now! Do not wait to feel good, lose weight, or have a new job or a new relationship. Start now to do things and do them the best you can.
Remember that having confidence in yourself makes us aware of our own identity.
Follow us at @GetQoralHealth, GetQoralHealth on Facebook and YouTube